The Bladder & Bowel UK
Constipation and soiling – training for all professionals that work with children
What will this session cover?
This Bladder & Bowel UK Lunchtime Learning will cover the prevalence, causes and impact of constipation and approaches to management. It will include the role of medication, diet, fluid intake and behavioural interventions as well as provide information about resources that are available to support families and healthcare professionals.
- Know the prevalence, impact and causes of constipation and soiling
- Have an understanding of the wider factors that may have an impact
- Be aware of first line treatments and interventions
- Have the confidence to work with children and families where constipation and soiling is an issue
- Be able to find further resources, information and support
Tuesday 22nd october 2024
12.30 to 1.30pm
Who can attend?
Any healthcare professional involved in the care of children in the community, including but not limited to school nurses, health visitors, community nurses, learning disability nurses, allied healthcare professionals, community paediatricians, GPs, practice nurses, nursery nurses and support workers, etc.
About this training
All training is delivered via Zoom.
Computer security and firewalls may prevent you from joining our training please make sure you have made the necessary adjustments to allow for Zoom webinars.