Learn About the Bladder and Bowel UK Team – helping your bladder and bowel health
Bladder & Bowel UK is a team of five staff who have a responsibility to promote continence by providing information and education on bladder and bowel health, signposting to the right services to gain access to specialist care and acting as advocates for individuals who suffer from bladder and bowel problems by representation on national groups such as NICE and the RCN Continence Care Forum.
The team is made up of four specialist nurses, two adult and two paediatric, who have a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in the specialty and an Information Coordinator who has a wealth of knowledge around products and services available. The team is based in Manchester but travel all over the UK as all roles are national.
Key activities within the team on a day to day basis are:
- Providing clinical and product access via the national, confidential helpline to individuals, families and other health care professionals.
- Providing specialist education to nurses and carers within the NHS, care home sector and other independent sector.
- Hosting national study days and company exhibitions.
- Attending exhibitions and conferences promoting continence and BBUK services
- Providing education and guidance to healthcare companies, both medical device and pharmaceutical.
- Writing articles and clinical literature promoting good practice, correct usage of products and tips for self management.
- Working with the healthcare industry to advise on product development, innovations and services to patients.
…and that’s just to name a few!
If you would like to know more about us or find information to promote your bladder and bowel health, please visit our website. You may decide to have a read of our resources, ring the helpline or book on one of our study days. Either way enjoy!